1. More languages are spoken here than in any other city of the world (over 300).
2. Dancing is illegal within the Houses of Parliament.
3. 2.7 million tube journeys are made every day.
3. Buckingham Palace is built on the site of a former brothel.
4. London has been called, Londinium, Ludenwic and Ludenburg in its ancient past.
5. There are 15, 000 animals in London zoo.
6. The first curry house to open in London was called the Hindostani Coffee House and opened in 1809.
7. The Tate Modern is the world's most popular modern art gallery.
8. Wembley Stadium is the largest football stadium in the world.
9. London has four UNESCO world heritage sites: Tower of London, Maritime Greenwich, Westminster Palace, Kew’s Royal Botanic Gardens.
10.’Big Ben’ refers to the bell inside the clock tower, which is known as ‘Elizabeth Tower’.
'10 Interesting Facts About London'
8th Nov 2012
Best Available Rate
Continental Breakfast incl.
Last Minute Offer
up to 30% discount
10% off on our BAR rates
15% Off from our BAR rate
Stay Minimum 2 Nights
Save 20% on our BAR Rate
Half Board Offer
Dinner & Breakfast incl.
Meetings & Events