1. More languages are spoken here than in any other city of the world (over 300).
2. Dancing is illegal within the Houses of Parliament.
3. 2.7 million tube journeys are made every day.
3. Buckingham Palace is built on the site of a former brothel.
4. London has been called, Londinium, Ludenwic and Ludenburg in its ancient past.
5. There are 15, 000 animals in London zoo.
6. The first curry house to open in London was called the Hindostani Coffee House and opened in 1809.
7. The Tate Modern is the world's most popular modern art gallery.
8. Wembley Stadium is the largest football stadium in the world.
9. London has four UNESCO world heritage sites: Tower of London, Maritime Greenwich, Westminster Palace, Kew’s Royal Botanic Gardens.
10.’Big Ben’ refers to the bell inside the clock tower, which is known as ‘Elizabeth Tower’.
'First impressions matter: the Rockwell excels in this department...' - Mr and Mrs Smith
'An elegantly designed sitting room in the lobby, with an open fire...' - The New York Times
'Proves that high style doesn't always come with a high price tag in London.' - Frommers
'10 Interesting Facts About London'
8th Nov 2012