With this weekend set to be a scorcher and temperatures forecast to hit 30°C, we thought now would be the perfect time to share our top 10 tips on how to keep cool in the city:
1. Have a picnic. Head to one of our favourite parks – Kensington Gardens – and pick up a tasty spread from Wholefoods on High Street Kensington to enjoy outside.
3. Eat delicious tapas at our neighbour Cambio de Tercio. Order patatas bravas and sangria and pretend you’re on holiday in Spain.
5. Visit our large south-facing garden and enjoy a cool, refreshing cocktail from our bar list under the shade of the umbrellas.
6. Head to Lovebox festival in Victoria Park for great music from the likes of Katy B and Maverick Sabre, without the hassle of setting up camp.
7. Go to the reopening of the Imperial War Museum to see the first major show of WWI art in almost a century.
8. Make ice-lollies. They’re tasty, refreshing and really easy to make. We like Annabel Karmel’s traffic light ice lolly recipe.
9. Go shopping in Westfields. With an array of shops and restaurants it has plenty to keep you busy, and the aircon will keep you cool.
10. Drink lots of water. Make sure you stay hydrated, especially when travelling on public transport. Enjoy the sunshine!